St. John the Baptist will host Kindergarten Round Up at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 13th for all parents and prospective kindergarten students who are interested in enrolling their child for the 2024-25 school year.
To register for kindergarten, your child must be five years old by July 31, 2024. All children entering Kindergarten, and who are five years old before July 31, 2024, will be given a readiness test. Information about kindergarten readiness testing will be shared at Kindergarten Roundup.
About Kindergarten Round Up:
- Parents and students will be greeted by Ms. Christie Owens, our kindergarten teacher. Your child will have the opportunity to see the kindergarten classroom and work on a fun activity with other future kindergarteners, supervised by Mrs. VanErdewyk, kindergarten paraprofessional, and parent volunteers.
- While students are working on an activity, parents will attend an informational session in the gymnasium to learn more about our school and kindergarten program.
- Fr. Sean Timmerman, Pastor and Chief Administrative Officer, Mrs. Teresa Lewandowski, Head Teacher and Ms. Owens will be on hand to answer any questions.
- Registration packets for the 2024-25 school year will be distributed at the session. Packets will include information about the kindergarten program, readiness testing, as well as the registration process (including information on tuition, stewardship, and scholarships, and financial assistance programs).
- The State of Nebraska requires that a birth certificate with the raised seal and evidence of a physical examination by a qualified physician be provided for all students entering Kindergarten. This physical exam is to be no earlier than six months prior to the beginning of the school year. Your doctor’s office will print out a copy of the physical for you to bring to school in the fall. The school will also need evidence of each child’s immunization status. Further questions may be directed to the school office.
- You are encouraged to bring the birth certificate and immunization records to your child’s Kindergarten Round-up session.
- Kindergarten Round Up will last no longer than one hour. If you plan on attending, please RSVP to the school office at 402.296.6230.
- If you are unable to attend Kindergarten Round Up and would like to learn about registering your child, please call us at 402.296.6230 and we can make arrangements.
We look forward to seeing you and your child at Kindergarten Round Up!