Educating the Whole Student
At St. John the Baptist Catholic School, our mission is to educate the whole child.
Rooted in our Catholic values and committed to academic excellence, St. John the Baptist Catholic School is dedicated to forming the whole child — mind, heart, soul and spirit.
Our educational philosophy is designed to prepare students to succeed in any rigorous high school academic program by providing a firm foundation in knowledge and skills, encouraging a wide variety of intellectual exposure, providing practice and knowledge of good study habits and inspiring creativity and critical analysis in each child.
St. John the Baptist Catholic School offers a rich academic tradition grounded in a Christ-centered, loving environment. With a focus on Catholic sacraments and tradition, our students live out their faith in action through service to others and daily Mass attendance at our parish, the Church of the Holy Spirit.
Values, Faith and Service
• Prepare students to encounter Jesus Christ bring Catholic teachings into their lives and the lives of those around them.
• Reinforce faith and values taught at home by continuing their practice every day in school and co-curricular activities.
• Strive to foster student’s lifelong commitment of Christ-centered service to others.
• Teach knowledge and skills that enable students to function well as citizens in a changing technological and multicultural society.Use a whole-child approach fostering intellectual, spiritual, physical, and social development.
• Employ a curriculum based on national, state, and diocesan standards.
• Find that a majority of their students consistently score above average on standardized tests.
• Are equipped with computers, iPads, smart boards and other cutting edge hardware.
• Integrate the use of technology into the various subject areas.
• Provide instruction in the ethical and safe use of the internet and other technology.
A Nurturing & Safe Environment
• Teach respect and dignity of self and others.
• Administer discipline in Christ-like manner.
• Offer an education that is personal; teachers know their students as individuals, their various learning styles, their strengths and limitations, and what motivates them.
• Cultivate an environment in which children can discuss and live a value-based life.
• Invite and encourage families to be involved in the school.
• Catholic schools educate the whole child, emphasizing faith, academic achievement, self-discipline, and high moral standards.
A Good Investment
•96% of Catholic school graduates go on to further their education at some of the best colleges and universities in the country.
• Catholic education is one of the most important investments a parent can make to ensure the success of a child’s life in this world and for eternity.Many parents choose Catholic schools for their children because of superior academics. The longer a student stays in -Catholic schools, the greater is their achievement.
• Catholic school students are encouraged to question, to accept challenges, to make choices and to assume leadership roles.
• Students in Catholic schools experience a culture of service which carries over into their adult lives often benefiting local, national and even global communities.
• Catholic schools make a positive difference in the lives of their students. These schools are communities of hope which reflect God’s love and love of neighbor.
If you are interested in learning more about our school, please contact us HERE.
Why We Love Our Catholic School: