Children need healthy meals to learn. St.John the Baptist offers healthy meals every school day. Lunch costs $3.00 a meal, which includes milk and the fruit/vegetable bar. For those bringing lunch from home, students have the option to purchase the fruit/vegetable bar for an a la cart price of $1.50. Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals. Reduced price is $0.40 for lunch. If your child(ren) qualified for free or reduced price meals at the end of last school year, you must submit a new application by September 15th, 2022 in order to avoid an interruption in meal benefits.
Who can get free or reduced price meals?
- all children in households receiving benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court
- children participating in their school’s Head Start program
- children who meet the definition or homeless, runaway, or migrant
- if your household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines