The annual St. John the Baptist Golf Classic was a record-setting success, raising more than $16,000 for St. John the Baptist school.
One hundred and five golfers turned out to participate in the four-person scramble on August 6th at Bay Bills Golf Course in Plattsmouth. A steak dinner and raffle drawings followed the tournament at St. John the Baptist school.
“While the event is always about fun and fellowship, it’s also about raising awareness and funds to support Catholic education in our community,” said Mike Vaughn, chairman of the tournament and Knights of Columbus #1966 council member.
The Knights of Columbus #1966 in Plattsmouth hosts the tournament every year. In 2018 the first golf tournament was held, and since that time the event continues to grow in popularity, excitement and support every year.
“This event would not be possible without the great turnout of golfers, dinner attendees, and the generous support from volunteers, donors and our sponsors,” added Mike.
View the 2022 STJB Golf Classic Highlights Video
THANK YOU TO OUR 2022 SPONSORS
Corporate/Friends of StJB Sponsor
- Kerns Excavating Co.
- Platte Valley Company Inc
- Mike and Pat Vaughn
- Nebraska Realty – Jaycie Touchstone
- FNIC Insurance
- Impact Manufacturing Inc.
- CFI Ag Products LLC
- B&D Turfcars
- Marco Shutters & Closets
- Knights of Columbus – State Council
- In Memory of Ruth Wassinger
- In Memory of Jane Scott
- In Memory of Diane E. Johnson
- Country Bar and Grill
- McKnight Family Dental
- Bill and Pam Reinsch
- Knights of Columbus Council 13080
- Lynn and Jeanice Vinduska
- Commissioner Jennifer Sommer
- Stan’s Bakery
- Knights of Columbus Assembly 1854
- In Memory of the Long, Sikora and Lambert Families
- Fabric Bash
- The Monahan Family
- The O’Shea Clan
- In Memory of Sterling and Helen Sand
- In Memory of Ethel St John
- In Memory of the Ulrich, Kimball and Peede Families
- Donna Sharman – Headly Realty
Reinsch, Slattery, Bear, Minahan, and Prickett, P.C., L.L.O.
- In Memory of the Rubin Family
- In Memory of Bob McAlevy
- Makovicka Physical Therapy
- Cornerstone Bank
- John’s Appliance Sales & Service
- Henry-Hobscheidt Motors
- In Memory of Bryant E. Hanneman and Joe Bryant
- White Claw
- Rock Hill Windmill Event Center
- ASI Systems
- Iske Crop Insurance
Hole in One Sponsor
- Beardmore Chevrolet/Subaru/Hyundai
- Quick Trip
- Omaha Stormchasers
- Knights of Columbus Council 1966
- Rick and Dee Vaughn
- Russ and Martha Zink
- Vaughn Electric
- Rodney and Lucy Lorence
- Keith and Joyce Wiese
- Paul and Patty Lambert
- Courtyard by Marriott – Bellevue
- Marilyn Weber
- White Claw
- NU Athletic Foundation
- Catholic Daughters of America
- DreamWerks Tattoo
- Ruth and John Vanek
- Firestone Complete Auto Care (Papillion)
- Quality Brands of Omaha
About the StJB Golf Classic
The Knights of Columbus Council 1966 in Plattsmouth hosted its first-ever St. John the Baptist Golf Classic in 2018 to benefit the school and ensure an affordable Catholic education is possible in Cass county. Since its inception, the tournament continues to grow in popularity, excitement and support every year.
Thanks to the loyalty and generous contributions from sponsors and our community, we have raised more than $46,000 to support Catholic education. Whether you’re participating in the tournament as a golfer, volunteer, sponsor, or by making a donation, please rest assured your contributions are greatly appreciated. Each contribution, no matter the size, is helping ensure a Catholic education in our community is possible for many years to come.