Children need healthy meals to learn. St. John the Baptist offers healthy meals every school day. Lunch cost is $3.00 per meal. Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals. Reduced price is $.40 for lunch. If your child(ren) qualified for free or reduced price meals at the end of last school year, you must submit a new application by September 20th, in order to avoid an interruption in meal benefits.
Who can get free or reduced price meals?
- all children in households receiving benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court
- children participating in their school’s Head Start program
- children who meet the definition or homeless, runaway, or migrant
- if your household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines